Pixel Genesis Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pixel Genesis Online

An indie game in progress!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Gaming Vortex
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Download
Latest topics
» Needing Farmables
In game command suggestions EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 3:48 am by MagicDragon

» game release for android or pc
In game command suggestions EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 3:32 am by MagicDragon

» Friend/Foe System!
In game command suggestions EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 4:03 pm by Player3D3

» NEW POLL! (For Forums)
In game command suggestions EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 8:39 pm by DeathSkull

» Moved Forums!
In game command suggestions EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:22 am by TimeyTurtle

» New Forums
In game command suggestions EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 3:57 pm by H3uy

» Hello my name is pomtapom (^_^)/
In game command suggestions EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 2:46 pm by Edwardson

» Video Content.
In game command suggestions EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:52 am by MagicDragon

» If you had your own "Mod" item what would it be?
In game command suggestions EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:46 am by pomtapom

Similar topics
Most active topics
If you had your own "Mod" item what would it be?
Design a logo contest!
Find that hint! (PGO release game)
Moderators.
Upcoming events[Reminders and thanks]
Public Relations
Snapshots & Screenshots
Some Item Packs for the PGO market place.
Mysterious Wings
Mrthadawee's mega thread of music.
Top posting users this week
No user

In game command suggestions

Go down 
+15
Hercule
26FtW26
Edwardson
Pizzaman (two)
Tohru
Plyasm
Elephant
skullking
Ender
Jaxx
MagicalFishy
megaman01
H3uy
trisp
Jairrocket
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jairrocket
Learning
Learning

In game command suggestions Empty
PostSubject: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 1:13 am

Post suggestions for commands that would be useful in the game.

DeathSkull and I have thought about adding a /me command, although it may be rough incorporating it.

We might add 30, we might add none of the suggestions.

Make sure you include

•How it's useful

•Why people would enjoy it

•What it does

•Cons, or anything it could be used wrongly for

Also, adding tons of commands is hard works, so you might not see commands starting to grow for a few months.
Back to top Go down
trisp
Learning
Learning
trisp

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Well, /ban is a must. To banish anyone from your 'world' (or whatever the name will be). /who will also be very helpful to view who is in the same world as you.

As for new suggestions, perhaps a /tp command would come in handy (tp meaning teleport). This command would immediately warp you to anyone within the same world as you. Think of it as a reverse /pull.

This command should be limited to a worlds owner and it's admins. Also, if we extended it to the moderators/developers, the. they could immediately teleport to anyone online regardless of which world they are in.
Back to top Go down
H3uy
H3uy

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:11 pm

/admins would be helpful for the admins of your world to give them special privileges. You can make it to where they can't punish anymore or where they can be an admin, but can't break anything in your world.
A pro to not letting anyone break things:
The player might have many expensive items that they don't want to get stolen. So putting these extra "admin tools" let's you put it to where you, yourself can't get griefed.
Cons:
It might not be possible to do this command "but", anything to stop any kind of scam is worth a try.
~~
/rules
Of course there would have to be rules. It would be an easy command to get to those easy rules.
Pros:
New players can type in the "/rules" and get to them in less than 2 seconds.
Cons:
Are there any cons in finding rules? Smile
~~
/emotes
Say you don't remember or know some of the emotes?
Just type in "/emotes" and there you have a nice quick way in finding the faces!
Pros: Nice and quick!
Cons:
Might be to many emotes!
Some commands that can make PGO more fun and safe!
Back to top Go down
http://H3uybroadcast.wordpress.com
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:17 pm

I like the ideas, Trisp and H3uy, But You're right. I don't know if we could do Admin tools for the Realms or not. We will have to see, if we can get it to work, then we will do an update asap after we test it few times.
Back to top Go down
https://pixelgenesis.forumotion.com
trisp
Learning
Learning
trisp

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:22 pm

DeathSkull wrote:
I like the ideas, Trisp and H3uy, But You're right. I don't know if we could do Admin tools for the Realms or not. We will have to see, if we can get it to work, then we will do an update asap after we test it few times.
Hmm, what about commands for aesthetic purposes? Such as /smile or /cry. Heck, maybe we can even incorporate /clap.
Back to top Go down
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:26 pm

trisp wrote:
DeathSkull wrote:
Hmm, what about commands for aesthetic purposes? Such as /smile or /cry. Heck, maybe we can even incorporate /clap.

Yeah, We could add that. /clap, /smile, /cry, etc... Should be pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
H3uy
H3uy

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:30 pm

Yeah it would be good to test a couple of times.
It may stumble a couple times and you may have to keep working on it because its new and new stuff always need to be looked oved at least 5-10 times before its released to the public and if it does it needs to be checked over by a bug fixer to finish off those little bugs that are mess up because it could cause mayhem if its put into the game without checking it over very slowley!
Sorry if I repeated somethings!
~~
I like the clap idea Trisp. You could even add a little sound affect to it. That might take some time to!
And /baile its spanish and it means /dance..
Back to top Go down
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:33 pm

H3uy wrote:

You could even add a little sound affect to it. That might take some time to!

Naw, that will be the easy part, haha.
Back to top Go down
H3uy
H3uy

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 6:20 pm

Haha nice
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 7:10 pm

Yes, link the command to a sound file, pretty simple.
Back to top Go down
H3uy
H3uy

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Oh ok thanks for tellling me.
I'm going to be going to school for computer programming and game making so all the things you've guys said about coding and stuff I really appreciate everything.
So really when I'm like one of those big company's(if I ever make it) ill be thinking of you guys because this whole process has taught me a lot if you don't even think you did anything.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
trisp
Learning
Learning
trisp

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 1:13 pm

H3uy wrote:
Oh ok thanks for tellling me.
I'm going to be going to school for computer programming and game making so all the things you've guys said about coding and stuff I really appreciate everything.
So really when I'm like one of those big company's(if I ever make it) ill be thinking of you guys because this whole process has taught me a lot if you don't even think you did anything.
Thanks!
Same here H3uy. I want to be a Game Designer/Developer, so these kind of things are right up my alley.
Back to top Go down
H3uy
H3uy

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Maybe one day I miht be able to work with you.
I have the arts down and some code and I could always create a forums for a game(easy part) but I've really taught myslelf a lot of these things and I thought about just going to really understand the concept of developing.
Maybe we could one day end up seeing eachother and end up like seth and hamumu? You never know!
Back to top Go down
MagicalFishy
Founder
Founder
MagicalFishy

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyFri May 09, 2014 10:52 pm

Interesting ideas... but perhaps we need more commands that will be interact-able.
Back to top Go down
Jaxx
Learning
Learning
Jaxx

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyWed May 14, 2014 9:10 am

Make sure to have a /commands. An alternate is, /?. I would rather have an /commands. It will bring up all the commands you guys will have.
Back to top Go down
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyWed May 14, 2014 11:41 am

Jaxx wrote:
Make sure to have a /commands. An alternate is, /?. I would rather have an /commands. It will bring up all the commands you guys will have.

Good idea, I like /commands better than /?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyWed May 14, 2014 3:16 pm

/cmd, /?, /help, /commands, maybe we can implement them all.
Back to top Go down
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyFri May 16, 2014 8:21 pm

Vemrrall wrote:

We could actually use these, as I am now learning Python, because my friend says it best and easy
Back to top Go down
Ender
Novice
Novice
Ender

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyFri May 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Vemrrall wrote:

They all seem the same...I don't see how they could be different..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:42 am

Ender wrote:
Vemrrall wrote:

They all seem the same...I don't see how they could be different..

I personally like /?, but maybe the next guy likes /help. Just so you always have a command to use... just in case.
Back to top Go down
H3uy
H3uy

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptySat May 17, 2014 7:43 am

/commands would be the easy path to take.
When people join they will know exactly how to get the commands up by just doing the simple /commands.
Back to top Go down
skullking
Novice
Novice
skullking

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 9:07 am

We could do /slap <name> and if that person is close enough you could slap him! Because I could use that in growtopia XD
Back to top Go down
Elephant
Learning
Learning
Elephant

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 9:58 pm

I think I've got a few newer commands that might come in handy.

/jump : A cool command. The idea is that you stand in one spot and type /jump and you soar 2 blocks in the air. Problems: Possible coding bugs
/yes and /no : I think it would be best to add these to share emotions coming from one player. Instead of making a thumbs up or thumbs down, your players head could shake side to side or up to down around 2-3 times.
Back to top Go down
Elephant
Learning
Learning
Elephant

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 11:37 pm

I also forgot to add some "Moderator Commands" specifically for Moderators only.

/summon [player name here] (Warps player directly to where the moderator did the summoning from.
/disguise [name of choice] Changes ID completely. That way they people don't know who they are.

Problems with /summon: Without the right coding, it's very possible that it could make the person who's being summoned lag out.

Problems with /disguise: Many Bugs and Glitches could possibly occur.
Back to top Go down
Plyasm
Novice
Novice
Plyasm

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 7:55 am

Elephant wrote:
I also forgot to add some "Moderator Commands" specifically for Moderators only.

/summon [player name here] (Warps player directly to where the moderator did the summoning from.
/disguise [name of choice] Changes ID completely. That way they people don't know who they are.

Problems with /summon: Without the right coding, it's very possible that it could make the person who's being summoned lag out.

Problems with /disguise: Many Bugs and Glitches could possibly occur.
Adding on:
/vanish(totally not a reference):makes the mod completely dissapear on other player's screens.(Pretty easy to code, from what I can see, I might be wrong though.
/warp [player name here]:Teleport to a player in another realm or the same realm! Stalking has never been easier!
/punish [player name here] (punishment): instead of the supposedly suckish punishment system for growtopia, we can use this! Saves time and energy. Punishments can be shortened to 2 or 3 letters. e.g:mte(mute) ban(ban) kck(kick) cst(cast out)(Maybe into another random realm)(Horray for new idea!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In game command suggestions   In game command suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

In game command suggestions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next