Pixel Genesis Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pixel Genesis Online

An indie game in progress!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Gaming Vortex
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Download
Latest topics
» Needing Farmables
Reputation EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 3:48 am by MagicDragon

» game release for android or pc
Reputation EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 3:32 am by MagicDragon

» Friend/Foe System!
Reputation EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 4:03 pm by Player3D3

» NEW POLL! (For Forums)
Reputation EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 8:39 pm by DeathSkull

» Moved Forums!
Reputation EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:22 am by TimeyTurtle

» New Forums
Reputation EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 3:57 pm by H3uy

» Hello my name is pomtapom (^_^)/
Reputation EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 2:46 pm by Edwardson

» Video Content.
Reputation EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:52 am by MagicDragon

» If you had your own "Mod" item what would it be?
Reputation EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:46 am by pomtapom

Most active topics
If you had your own "Mod" item what would it be?
Design a logo contest!
Find that hint! (PGO release game)
Moderators.
Upcoming events[Reminders and thanks]
Public Relations
Snapshots & Screenshots
Some Item Packs for the PGO market place.
Mysterious Wings
Mrthadawee's mega thread of music.
Top posting users this week
No user

Go down 
+6
Plyasm
Ender
Jack Bowe
Reject
H3uy
megaman01
10 posters
AuthorMessage
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Reputation   Reputation EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:39 pm

So yeah, I do think mods will be MUCH more popular than devs, like me. What do you guys think??
Back to top Go down
H3uy
H3uy

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:55 am

I think everyone will be equal. Devs are the ones who PUT the moderators in charge so there's no reason why anybody would get left out.
I saw an idea on another thread. Why not, when the game comes out, have a thread that shows all the moderators and developers and what there job is.
Respectfully H3uy.
Back to top Go down
http://H3uybroadcast.wordpress.com
Reject
Learning
Learning
Reject

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:15 pm

Like a "Credits" page?
Back to top Go down
Jack Bowe
Community Manager
Jack Bowe

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Respect is earned, megaman.
I believe there will be as much admiration on both for their different skills and such in which they put into their job, and naturally people will have favourites.

But it's nothing to worry about; just get on with it. :]
As long as YOU feel YOU are doing YOUR job, you will get the recognition you deserve.

Some people may prefer moderators, some may prefer developers, that's life.
As long as you feel you're doing it correct, you are.

Don't sweat it. :]
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 7:48 pm

Thanks Jack, that was really encouraging!

I know that I am doing my job making blocks, but I will be the person organizing (and fixing) bugs. My schedule is tight, and if the game is for mobile devices, I won't be able to go on to often. I only use my laptop for internet related business, and my studies. This means that I can't cover up the PGO site in the day, because the professor knows I use my laptop, not my iPad. And while I try to be a nice guy to earn the respect of my fellow forum users, the in-game users will not KNOW me as much as others.
Back to top Go down
Ender
Novice
Novice
Ender

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 7:54 pm

Sure they will! You have a @ in front of your name and who cares about popularity?
Back to top Go down

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:18 pm

You have to remember though, moderarators have no say in the developmental process. Wen something breaks, it's solely the developers, not the moderators. Developers get all the hate, along with the obsessive praise.

Moderators on the other hand, all they do is keep the game clean. They get some hate and such for "Doing a bad job" and ect, ect, but mainly, it's praise and worship because the normal players are jealous and/or want the "almighty moderators" to "visit them, give free items," and more.

I have a strong respect for game developers, as long as they are not money hogging, stealing, dishonest devs. They keep the game running. The average "kid" MMO player (Remember, I don't think we're targeting adults with this game...) does not realize that without the devs, the game would be crap, but they always blame them if something breaks. I try and give the devs as much respect as I can, because I acknowledge what they do for MMO's.

So, to sum it up, the respect devs versus mods get are, probably mods will get more, but the devs will also get much in the case of mature and level headed players who know how an MMO works.
Back to top Go down
Ender
Novice
Novice
Ender

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:59 pm

How could you get the hate???? you created the game (sorry if this is spam)
Back to top Go down

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 6:24 pm

Ender wrote:
How could you get the hate???? you created the game (sorry if this is spam)

Some people don't realize. I've said this before, but Hamumu once said "5 seconds after I log onto the game I created, I am spammed with messages of extreme praise, and messages along the lines of "%#&$ you".
Back to top Go down
Plyasm
Novice
Novice
Plyasm

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 8:03 am

Ender wrote:
Sure they will! You have a @ in front of your name and who cares about popularity?
Why be unoriginal and go @ and all pinkish as hell when we can be original and think of our own way to identify mods? OR, even better, make it such that mods and players don't have much of a visual difference!
Might make people feel more friendly towards mods instead of behaving in the "omg its a mod I must behave" way.
Back to top Go down
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 8:38 am

Plyasm wrote:
Ender wrote:
Why be unoriginal and go @ and all pinkish as hell when we can be original and think of our own way to identify mods? OR, even better, make it such that mods and players don't have much of a visual difference!
Might make people feel more friendly towards mods instead of behaving in the "omg its a mod I must behave" way.

Please watch your language next time.
Back to top Go down
https://pixelgenesis.forumotion.com

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 5:16 pm

DeathSkull+ wrote:
Plyasm wrote:
Ender wrote:

Jeez skull, swearing can be natural. As long as its not like, &%@#@&$#, its tolerated. I set up a few swear filter measures, and I left out a few words that weren't too severe. Also to contribute, all administrators have a+ after their name, such as Vemrrall+, Jack Bowe+, DeathSkull+, and maybe we can get red names in game too.l
Back to top Go down
Zxsonic
Novice
Novice
Zxsonic

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 5:49 pm

The mods will always be the ones praised with this or that. But that can only happen if the devs aren't as active as the mods (which is unlikely). Take Growtopia for example SO MANY PEOPLE think it's the mods that fix the bugs or add the items, why? because they see the mods as the highest ranking and see them online as the high ranking all the time. Seth and Hamumu still recieve recognition, why? because they have an @ sign in front of them and they made the game. But with players possibly flocking from Growtopia to PGO this trend will most likely happen. I honestly Support both devs and mods equally for their jobs work hand in hand.

Devs make cool items, Mods make sure their creations are for good and are safe, Mods take the spam and fame from devs, so Devs have enough time and no pressure and spam to make the items.
You see how it kinda works out. Sorry if it was a little crazy though.
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 7:24 pm

Perhaps the devs could have something too?

Also Xz, I totally agree. I absolutely CANNOT work under pressure.
Back to top Go down
Zxsonic
Novice
Novice
Zxsonic

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 7:28 pm

LOL xz it's ZX but yeah thanks.
Back to top Go down
Zxsonic
Novice
Novice
Zxsonic

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 7:33 pm

megaman01 wrote:
Perhaps the devs could have something too?

Also Xz, I totally agree. I absolutely CANNOT work under pressure.

What do you mean by the devs having something too?
Back to top Go down
Abram
Banned
Abram

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 11:23 pm

I think the developers will be more popular than the moderators. Yes, the moderators will probably meet, and talk to more players than the developers. But the developers will not be around in game to talk allot.

So when a player sees a developer it will be like finding gold at the end of a rainbow. They will be so amazed. The developers will also be making the awesome updates. That will catch the eyes of the players, and will make them want to chase them down, and talk.

All moderators can do is help PGO's community. They don't add new items , or anything. They are just there to help.

Back to top Go down
Jairrocket
Learning
Learning

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 6:11 pm

H3uy wrote:
I think everyone will be equal. Devs are the ones who PUT the moderators in charge so there's no reason why anybody would get left out.
I saw an idea on another thread. Why not, when the game comes out, have a thread that shows all the moderators and developers and what there job is.
Respectfully H3uy.

Just had to say, our system is a bit different. The administrators, Me, Death, Vemrr, and Jack can add mods. Our developers add items to the game, along with us. We have Mods, who just moderate, Devs, who just develop, and admin who balance both. We are at the head of it, however, since we are both moderating, and developing, we need people to take care of just one side of the task, which is where our awesome mods and devs come in.
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 6:54 pm

Well don't forget that devs have the power to punish (though not being the ones to turn to). And we don't only add items, that's my job for now. The other devs have to code and take care of the server. I actually think I won't be spending any time in game, for the time being, because I will be the PGO Bug manager, or until we find someone willing to do it.
Back to top Go down
Jairrocket
Learning
Learning

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 10:38 pm

megaman01 wrote:
Well don't forget that devs have the power to punish (though not being the ones to turn to). And we don't only add items, that's my job for now. The other devs have to code and take care of the server. I actually think I won't be spending any time in game, for the time being, because I will be the PGO Bug manager, or until we find someone willing to do it.

Of course, but like I said, it's not your job to moderate, and you addressed that, I see. Our devs can code, yes. Also, that was a good idea you brought up. We will need to find someone who can do,bug fixes for a job. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Plyasm
Novice
Novice
Plyasm

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 10:43 pm

DeathSkull+ wrote:
Plyasm wrote:
Ender wrote:

Noted but hell isn't really a swear xd
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 8:54 am

Again, we can expect users as young as 10. Don't wanna introduce them to...our language.
Back to top Go down
Ender
Novice
Novice
Ender

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 10:13 am

Can I atleast sing highway to hell?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation Empty