Pixel Genesis Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pixel Genesis Online

An indie game in progress!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Gaming Vortex
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Download
Latest topics
» Needing Farmables
Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 3:48 am by MagicDragon

» game release for android or pc
Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 3:32 am by MagicDragon

» Friend/Foe System!
Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 4:03 pm by Player3D3

» NEW POLL! (For Forums)
Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 8:39 pm by DeathSkull

» Moved Forums!
Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:22 am by TimeyTurtle

» New Forums
Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 3:57 pm by H3uy

» Hello my name is pomtapom (^_^)/
Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 2:46 pm by Edwardson

» Video Content.
Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:52 am by MagicDragon

» If you had your own "Mod" item what would it be?
Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:46 am by pomtapom

Similar topics
Most active topics
If you had your own "Mod" item what would it be?
Design a logo contest!
Find that hint! (PGO release game)
Moderators.
Upcoming events[Reminders and thanks]
Public Relations
Snapshots & Screenshots
Some Item Packs for the PGO market place.
Mysterious Wings
Mrthadawee's mega thread of music.
Top posting users this week
No user

Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!

Go down 
+4
Zxsonic
Abram
megaman01
Jairrocket
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Option 1 or Option 2?
Option 1
Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! I_vote_lcap0%Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Option 2
Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! I_vote_lcap100%Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Jairrocket
Learning
Learning

Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! Empty
PostSubject: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 12:00 am

This is one of the biggest matters that has come into our hands yet.

Once the game is out, it will be playable off the website. Once we can cough up a couple bucks, we will move it to a downloadable program to run and play it on. During the transition, we have to export the WHOLE game and server to the program. During this time there will be a mayhem of patches, restarts, and updates.

We need your guys' opinion.

Option 1). We have estimated, that if we leave the server up during the process and apply patches, it will take about 3 days. Over these three days, you will be able to play, but possibly for only about 30 minutes or less in between restarts. This will happen for the whole estimated 3 days. The servers will be up, but you will only have pockets of time to play, and not much time to get things done.

Option 2). We have estimated this will take only about 12 hours. The server will be down the WHOLE time, which provides us an easier way to work on it. Once the 12 hours is up, you can play back as normal. No patches every 30 minutes or anything. The only time you won't get to play is the short 12 hours, compared to a long 3 days.

Our calculations could change and the options could be longer or shorter, but Option 2 will be shorter than Option 1 no matter what, yet Option 1 allows the servers to be up over 3 days, however with a lot of lag and frequent restarts. Your guys' choice.
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 2:33 pm

Option 2. I find it easier to work on the server if it's disabled, and also it's better for the players. 12 hours is acceptable, I will likely take down the server for less than an hour if there's an important patch to be made. Lag is something that bothers players. Best to be down for 12 hours, and then our work is done, and they can play as much as they want.
Back to top Go down
Jairrocket
Learning
Learning

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 6:50 pm

megaman01 wrote:
Option 2. I find it easier to work on the server if it's disabled, and also it's better for the players. 12 hours is acceptable, I will likely take down the server for less than an hour if there's an important patch to be made. Lag is something that bothers players. Best to be down for 12 hours, and then our work is done, and they can play as much as they want.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I voted option 2.

If we find the time while working on the server, Death and I will be sure to consider adding quite a few of the blocks you've made into the game. Now, I have a question for you- Once we add the blocks that you've made templates for, do you want us to credit you? Or do you think it will cause players to become somewhat a nuisance and beg you to add more blocks to their tailoring, although, of course you won't add those items.
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 7:06 pm

Well, actually, how can we have the game if there are no blocks. Add the basic blocks in the first release, and then we can add more. Death told me that the essential blocks - dirt, rock, lava, and RockBottom (bedrock) will be implemented into the game, but that he also wants me to be more....creative. Today is the day I send him the completed blocks  :cheers: :cheers:

Also, you can credit me. In GT, I'm not a dev or mod, but I still get battered by the intense text in popular worlds. I really don't mind. I come up with my own blocks, and if they want to make a suggestion, they should do it here. I will still consider the topic, though.
Back to top Go down
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 8:06 pm

You have to talk to me though before you shut down the server, so i can give an ok for it.
Back to top Go down
https://pixelgenesis.forumotion.com
Abram
Banned
Abram

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 10:17 pm

I would prefer to have option 2.
Back to top Go down
Jairrocket
Learning
Learning

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 11:01 pm

megaman01 wrote:
Well, actually, how can we have the game if there are no blocks. Add the basic blocks in the first release, and then we can add more. Death told me that the essential blocks - dirt, rock, lava, and RockBottom (bedrock) will be implemented into the game, but that he also wants me to be more....creative. Today is the day I send him the completed blocks  :cheers: :cheers:

Also, you can credit me. In GT, I'm not a dev or mod, but I still get battered by the intense text in popular worlds. I really don't mind. I come up with my own blocks, and if they want to make a suggestion, they should do it here. I will still consider the topic, though.

Of course the essential dirt and things will be added at the beginning. What I mean, is the new blocks for the time being when the update happens, we will have time to edit the game A LOT, and I was saying it would be a perfect time to add some of your new blocks then. And ok, we'll credit you.
Back to top Go down
Jairrocket
Learning
Learning

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 11:02 pm

DeathSkull+ wrote:
You have to talk to me though before you shut down the server, so i can give an ok for it.

And of course Death, it would be pretty stupid of me to just go shut down the server without saying anything. I'll be sure to clarify with you. (:
Back to top Go down
Zxsonic
Novice
Novice
Zxsonic

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 4:46 pm

I like Option 1 and all but i can handle 12Hours better than coming on as soon as the patch comes or something. But i mean we will get to see the changes every 30 minuets LOL but i choose Option 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 8:34 pm

megaman01 wrote:
Also, more work for us. I have a tight schedule, and I speak on the behalf of the developers when I say that, but it would be easier to select a 12 hour period where we can all work OR take shifts. Over 3 days, it would be hard to remember....come at 8:30 PM for a server patch or put in the new blocks at 6:30. Very difficult.

We have 5 people who could take shifts. 12/5 = 2.4 hours. Very do-able.
Back to top Go down
Ender
Novice
Novice
Ender

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 8:40 pm

Or 22/7 = 3.14
Back to top Go down
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 8:43 pm

Me, Jairr, Abram, and JackBowe will be the only ones handling the server for now.

Last edited by DeathSkull+ on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ender
Novice
Novice
Ender

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 9:01 pm

4 hour shifts...
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 3:02 pm

Which means that I am no longer a developer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 4:56 pm

megaman01 wrote:

Even I know nothing concerning this. Maybe there was a reason, but im not aware. I will be looking into this.
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 5:46 pm

Thanks Vemrall. If you could do me a favour, I ask if you can check the logs and see who did this.
Back to top Go down
Jairrocket
Learning
Learning

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:12 pm

Vemrrall+ wrote:
megaman01 wrote:

Even I know nothing concerning this. Maybe there was a reason, but im not aware. I will be looking into this.

Yes there is a reason, and mega is no longer a developer.
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Ok, yes. I suggest we all move on from this. We all know it happened, but let's not let it slow us down.
Back to top Go down
Ender
Novice
Novice
Ender

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 9:28 pm

So mega did ban 117 ._.
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 7:05 am

Actually, no. That was somebody else, and 117 isn't even on this forum!
Back to top Go down
Ender
Novice
Novice
Ender

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 8:26 am

Oh sorry.
Back to top Go down
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 8:28 am

Closing thread.
Back to top Go down
Jairrocket
Learning
Learning

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:32 pm

Death, I, however am going to reopen it when the game comes out, because I need people's thoughts on the main topic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 9:59 pm

Thread is no longer a global announcement.
Back to top Go down
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 12:47 am

Unlocked Thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!   Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS! Empty

Back to top Go down

Major Topic and Poll. What would you rather have during the transition? READ THIS!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next