Pixel Genesis Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pixel Genesis Online

An indie game in progress!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Gaming Vortex
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Download
Latest topics
» Needing Farmables
The ads above screen. EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 3:48 am by MagicDragon

» game release for android or pc
The ads above screen. EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 3:32 am by MagicDragon

» Friend/Foe System!
The ads above screen. EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 4:03 pm by Player3D3

» NEW POLL! (For Forums)
The ads above screen. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 8:39 pm by DeathSkull

» Moved Forums!
The ads above screen. EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:22 am by TimeyTurtle

» New Forums
The ads above screen. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 3:57 pm by H3uy

» Hello my name is pomtapom (^_^)/
The ads above screen. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 2:46 pm by Edwardson

» Video Content.
The ads above screen. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:52 am by MagicDragon

» If you had your own "Mod" item what would it be?
The ads above screen. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:46 am by pomtapom

Similar topics
    Most active topics
    If you had your own "Mod" item what would it be?
    Design a logo contest!
    Find that hint! (PGO release game)
    Moderators.
    Upcoming events[Reminders and thanks]
    Public Relations
    Snapshots & Screenshots
    Some Item Packs for the PGO market place.
    Mysterious Wings
    Mrthadawee's mega thread of music.
    Top posting users this week
    No user

The ads above screen.

Go down 
    +2
    H3uy
    DavidT
    6 posters
    AuthorMessage

The ads above screen. Empty
    PostSubject: The ads above screen.   The ads above screen. EmptyThu May 22, 2014 8:06 pm

Whatever you do, avoid clicking the ads at the top of the page. It has come to my attention one says "Download" "Play Now", that is NOT the game download, the game download is not out yet. I have also seen one where it says "You are the 1.000.000th visitor! Click here to claim your prize!*.

It can affect your PC with spyware, malware, keyloggers, or worse,

Just a public service announcement. Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited by Vemrrall on Thu May 29, 2014 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    DavidT
    Learning
    Learning

PostSubject: Re: The ads above screen.   The ads above screen. EmptyThu May 22, 2014 8:19 pm

Just to add on, I made a big mistake when I clicked one of those. Now, I didn't know what they meant, so I thought "hey, I can play (example!!!) GTA 5 for free!" and then clicked it. It infected my computer with a trojan which destroyed every last file, and wrecked my computer. I had to get a new one. Thanks vemrall, for bringing this to our attention. Hopefully nobody will suffer my fate.
    Back to top Go down
    H3uy
    H3uy

PostSubject: Re: The ads above screen.   The ads above screen. EmptyFri May 23, 2014 5:36 am

Also to add to this, clicing these ad's will/might infect your computer. If it does it will not be the forum admins faults it will be your own.
    If this happens to happen I suggest getting someone to get all those viruses out. I wish I lived near all of you so I could help you, but sadly I can't!
    But if you gett a virus I can either get someone to help you, take you through steps, or give you advice on what to do.
    But please,please,please don't click those ads(they are a destructive weapon)!
    If your having any problems Shoot me a PM!
    Back to top Go down
    http://H3uybroadcast.wordpress.com
    megaman01
    Itanks Moderator
    Itanks Moderator
    megaman01

PostSubject: Re: The ads above screen.   The ads above screen. EmptyFri May 23, 2014 2:24 pm

The ones that seem the most innocent (from major companies, or seemingly so) are actually the most devastated, I've learned.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ads above screen.   The ads above screen. EmptyFri May 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Computer viruses are nasty and hard to remove. I've never been hit hard... But I had a Trojan program once that I deleted before anything devastating happened.

And no problem guys, I care about the safety of my fellow forumers.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ads above screen.   The ads above screen. EmptyFri May 23, 2014 2:37 pm

DavidT wrote:
    Just to add on, I made a big mistake when I clicked one of those. Now, I didn't know what they meant, so I thought "hey, I can play (example!!!) GTA 5 for free!" and then clicked it. It infected my computer with a trojan which destroyed every last file, and wrecked my computer. I had to get a new one. Thanks vemrall, for bringing this to our attention. Hopefully nobody will suffer my fate.

I am so sorry to hear that.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ads above screen.   The ads above screen. EmptyThu May 29, 2014 3:21 pm

Thread has run its course... Now a sticky in General Chat.
    Back to top Go down
    Reject
    Learning
    Learning
    Reject

PostSubject: Re: The ads above screen.   The ads above screen. EmptySat May 31, 2014 3:16 pm

If all else fails can you buy the advertisement spots out? Like get people to pay money to buy the forum page so no ads are needed. Also, to anyone with these ad problems you can download a trustworthy protection software to keep most of these ads off your screen and away from your desktop even if you do accidently click on them.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ads above screen.   The ads above screen. EmptySat May 31, 2014 4:45 pm

Reject wrote:
    If all else fails can you buy the advertisement spots out? Like get people to pay money to buy the forum page so no ads are needed. Also, to anyone with these ad problems you can download a trustworthy protection software to keep most of these ads off your screen and away from your desktop even if you do accidently click on them.

DeathSkull is the only one with the authority to pay. Since I cant, I decided to keep you guys safe.
    Back to top Go down
    H3uy
    H3uy

PostSubject: Re: The ads above screen.   The ads above screen. EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 5:43 pm

I suggest to not download anything, it might seem trustworthy but it may not be. Don't click those ads at all is a simple response.
    Keep checking your computer for viruses if you have cicked an ad, and like I said above if there is a virus get an professional to check it out and leave it alone until they chec it because if you don't know what to do and how to free it you may mess up your cmputer and it will breakdown and you will have to buy a new one
    Back to top Go down
    http://H3uybroadcast.wordpress.com
    Nobelrulz
    Nobelrulz

PostSubject: Re: The ads above screen.   The ads above screen. EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 5:42 am

Is there a way to possibly cancel the ad? Or do you have to pay, as a bribe?
    Back to top Go down
    DeathSkull
    Administrator
    Administrator
    DeathSkull

PostSubject: Re: The ads above screen.   The ads above screen. EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 1:18 pm

Nobelrulz wrote:
    Is there a way to possibly cancel the ad? Or do you have to pay, as a bribe?

We would have to pay. But we are going to be moving (GONNA be rough doing this) about the time beta comes out.
    Back to top Go down
    https://pixelgenesis.forumotion.com
    Nobelrulz
    Nobelrulz

PostSubject: Re: The ads above screen.   The ads above screen. EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 2:44 pm

Oh, good luck on that..
    Back to top Go down
    Nobelrulz
    Nobelrulz

PostSubject: Re: The ads above screen.   The ads above screen. EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 1:04 am

If you do happen to click on it, and it infects your whole PC/Laptop. Try System Restoring it back to a Restore Checkpoint you should of had. If you didn't, try getting AVG Antivirus. It helps detect the virus and kills it.

Just a tip Smile
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ads above screen.   The ads above screen. Empty

Back to top Go down

The ads above screen.
    Page 1 of 1