Pixel Genesis Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pixel Genesis Online

An indie game in progress!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Gaming Vortex
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Download
Latest topics
» Needing Farmables
About moderators. EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 3:48 am by MagicDragon

» game release for android or pc
About moderators. EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 3:32 am by MagicDragon

» Friend/Foe System!
About moderators. EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 4:03 pm by Player3D3

» NEW POLL! (For Forums)
About moderators. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 8:39 pm by DeathSkull

» Moved Forums!
About moderators. EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:22 am by TimeyTurtle

» New Forums
About moderators. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 3:57 pm by H3uy

» Hello my name is pomtapom (^_^)/
About moderators. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 2:46 pm by Edwardson

» Video Content.
About moderators. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:52 am by MagicDragon

» If you had your own "Mod" item what would it be?
About moderators. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:46 am by pomtapom

Similar topics
Most active topics
If you had your own "Mod" item what would it be?
Design a logo contest!
Find that hint! (PGO release game)
Moderators.
Upcoming events[Reminders and thanks]
Public Relations
Snapshots & Screenshots
Some Item Packs for the PGO market place.
Mysterious Wings
Mrthadawee's mega thread of music.
Top posting users this week
No user

About moderators.

Go down 
+4
DeathSkull
Abram
megaman01
Jairrocket
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jairrocket
Learning
Learning

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Yes, as the question was answered in a thread asking if we will have mods, we will have moderators. We will choose mods based on character, capability, maturity, and problem solving skills.

Unoficially, as of now, Jack Bowe nominates mods. We, the admin, will review those players, and see if we think they are good for the job. If so, welcome them to the team. This may change, as we are considering adding a mod application, but are still experimenting with things.

Here is a list of tasks our mods always have to stick to and can't neglect.

-Punish cussers.

-Punish, yes, drop hosts.

-Punish hackers, until we write a program to do that.

-Keep the game in check.

-Get along with everyone, even those who they don't generally like. They may not ban someone because they are doing something they don't like, or they don't like the person. They may ban them if they break rules.

-Be kind, orderly, mature, and on-task.

-Know the COMMON right and wrong, not what they assume.

Here are some of mods' powers

-Go invisible

-Ban, Curse, Tape, Mute

-Mortal/immortal. (If they have regular player skin, they're mortal, if they have see-through skin, they are immortal, and cant die.

-Walk through Blocks

-Change names

-Not show up on /mods

-Server-Wide message for free (Same as a Growtopian SuperBroadcast.)

Here are some things we want to see in people to make them mods

-Maturity

-Problem solving skills

-Good attitude

-Able to get along even with those they dislike

-English language

-Experience

-Kindness

-No trying to scam, or cussing, of course!

•Also, note the following:

Mods do not have bottomless inventories. They cannot spawn items. They cannot patch, update, or restart, the server. They cannot develop the game. So please, don't expect them to give you, spawn you, MAKE you, or incorporate you items.

Also, know that our jobs as admin are double the difficulty, because we have to balance BOTH tasks. We MAKE the game, AND moderate it. We can patch, update, and restart the server. We can spawn items. We do have bottomless inventories. And we MUST develop the game. However, we will most likely not be giving items out.

So, the mods, which we have not elected any of yet, moderate the game and forums, but do not add to the game itself.

The devs, megaman01 and MagicalFishy, add to the game and incorporate new items, but do not moderate.

The admin, me, DeathSkull, and Vemrrall, have to balance both tasks.

Thank you for reading, and hopefully this cleared up the question(s) and further explained the matter.

Edit: Forgot to mention, JackBowe's task is a unique one. He is the Head Moderator. Kind of like Solorien for growtopia. He watches over other mods, while moderating, himself.

Last edited by Jairrocket+ on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Well, actually, devs will also have commands.

Consider the following: the players, when seeing me, can cuss, host drop games, or break any other rules as long as they wish. I won't be able to take action. I think devs should also have moderator powers, because sometimes I would want to play the game instead of getting battered by suggestions (because they come to ME instead of mods).

And a note: In-game, I WILL NOT give regular players any items, or promise them a new item. I will visit every world (if possible) and I will treat every regular player the same. Even my brother, if he does play.
Back to top Go down
Jairrocket
Learning
Learning

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 7:41 pm

megaman01 wrote:
Well, actually, devs will also have commands.

Consider the following: the players, when seeing me, can cuss, host drop games, or break any other rules as long as they wish. I won't be able to take action. I think devs should also have moderator powers, because sometimes I would want to play the game instead of getting battered by suggestions (because they come to ME instead of mods).

And a note: In-game, I WILL NOT give regular players any items, or promise them a new item. I will visit every world (if possible) and I will treat every regular player the same. Even my brother, if he does play.

Well, you are given the option to develop the game, or be a super moderator. If you become a mod, that won't stop people from battering you with suggestions, if devs get the mod powers as well. People will still know that you add blocks, while Death and I add wearable items.

Devs will have commands, but they will not be super moderators. You will be able to change your name, and spawn items, however, you will not have the banning, taping, and cursing commands, as that defeats the purpose of a super moderator, minus the item-spawning.

Of course, you will have some way to punish people if they are breaking the rules in your face, you just won't be a person on the lookout for drop games, or a person that people will message of someone breaks the rules, that job is for mods.

So, in a nutshell, yes, you WILL be able to stop rule-breakers if the act is performed in front of you, but you will not be a go-to guy for the people if they spot rule-breakers, they will message mods. Hope this cleared it up. So, yes, don't worry, you won't be regular player status.
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Ok great, that cleared it up a lot!

If I could, I would give you a promotion!!
Back to top Go down
Abram
Banned
Abram

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 11:08 pm

Will y'all have a moderator application page?
Back to top Go down
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Possibly, still deciding.
Back to top Go down
https://pixelgenesis.forumotion.com
Jairrocket
Learning
Learning

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 11:45 pm

Abram wrote:
Will y'all have a moderator application page?
We will be developing a moderator system soon. As of now, JackBowe will nominate mods, and us administrators will accept or veto them. We honestly don't know if we will add an application.
Back to top Go down
Abram
Banned
Abram

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 11:55 pm

OK. Thanks for the information.
Back to top Go down
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 12:00 am

Also to everyone: Mods will be watched very very closely, one wrong move, we will see. So don't start complain that they are banning people on purpose or for fun. Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Edwardson
Ultra Moderator
Ultra Moderator
Edwardson

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 9:30 am

Ok got it death, also good luck all!
Back to top Go down
H3uy
H3uy

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 5:14 pm

Also same is with growtopia and us.
REMINDER:You should only be Private-Messaging moderators important stuff because you might PM them something like "hi" "how's it goin" and ect and instead of seeing important things they'll see the "Hi's" and not the "drop game in world ____ hurry" so let's make this important messages!
Also remember. That moderators get tons of mesagges so they might not get to you in time to see someone get scammed crystal wings. So make sure you know that.
Stay safe
Just a little reminder before the game comes out.
Respectfully H3uy
Back to top Go down
http://H3uybroadcast.wordpress.com
Edwardson
Ultra Moderator
Ultra Moderator
Edwardson

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 11:10 am

Well starting off it will be us, but yes after awhile It will get crazy.
Back to top Go down
H3uy
H3uy

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 2:25 pm

May not be only us though. Some people have seen the forums and the thread about the game in growtopia.
It may be silent for awhile like growtopia but as you said yes it will be crazy as more and more players start to find PGO. So good point!
Back to top Go down
http://H3uybroadcast.wordpress.com
Jack Bowe
Community Manager
Jack Bowe

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 4:11 pm

Yeah, different people have different responsibilities.

I will be the head moderator while doing the making the game task at the same time, so, I have the same powers as all other admins, I just nominate moderators for us all to review.

As Jairr has already cleared up, moderators do NOT get free items, have the ability to spawn items or have bottomless inventories, they have to earn everything like you do, but we will most likely have a reward system of some kind for them, as you know, they sacrifice their game time to help you, the players.

As of now, I do NOT believe a moderator application is in order, we don't have to do everything the way Growtopia does, I feel the application just brings the people who come and try to get the position, if they don't, they stop. This is why for now, no application is necessary, people have to prove their worth through their posts and threads, not through an application which may be fake.

I may, however, make one further into the game when there are many worthy moderator candidates. But for now, I think I can select those few who really do have the desired traits we look for, and to know those traits, read Jairr's original post.

Moderators will try to answer as many messages as possible; but they aren't miracle workers. They can, however, read your message and get back to you later, if you're a friend of theirs, I honestly have to say, don't be offended if they disregard you once or twice, they have a job to do and I hope you, as their true friend can respect that. But for now, as there are no moderators, don't worry.

As DeathSkull has pointed out, moderators will be watched VERY closely, one false move, they will be punished, they may get a warning before a demotion dependent on the severity of the situation and the action in which they did, and also their response to that warning, as we can then see if they really are mature. I will be the one looking into any filed complaints, you can do that via the support desk, we will provide the email and such when the game is released. For now, me and Jairrocket will be running the support desk, but, however, when the game becomes more popular, we will need more people to do so, we will probably turn to our staff for that.

The developers will have in-game powers but will not show up in our moderator revealing command, as their job is to develop, not make the game safer on a daily basis, like moderators, however, that being said if they do see a rule breaker of some sort they will have the tools to punish them, as any moderator would. So, watch out.

We will have some sort of training system for the moderators, so you know, we can see how they actually do before putting them in their properly, we need people who can handle the job, not just do it for the fun. Our choice will not be perfect, but it will be a very delicate procedure. We don't want the game being ruined within a day due to a corrupt, power-abusive moderator, do we? Suspect

We will have rules for moderators and they will have more set rules to abide by than that of a normal player, as they have standards to set, as they will most likely be idolised by a lot of players.

But for now, don't worry too much about it, the game isn't even out yet, however, saying that, I do have a few people in mind for the moderator position, they may not be on the forums yet but I know if they start playing, they will change the game, for the better.

P.S Jairr, you're forgetting I am an administrator as well. Wink
Back to top Go down
Edwardson
Ultra Moderator
Ultra Moderator
Edwardson

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 6:04 pm

Couldn't be texted any better. ^.^
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 6:49 pm

Well put, jack. You have a way of putting things in a way so that everyone understands.
Back to top Go down
trisp
Learning
Learning
trisp

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 9:36 pm

This sounds very exciting. I'm glad to know your process of selecting moderators is rigorous and very specified. It helps to ensure you hire the perfect people for the job.
Back to top Go down

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 10:01 pm

Yes trisp, we have Jack Bowe here to take care of all this, he is doing a great job.  Very Happy

(Sidenote - thread is now a sticky instead of announcement)
Back to top Go down
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:55 am

Closing thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

About moderators. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About moderators.   About moderators. Empty

Back to top Go down

About moderators.
Page 1 of 1