Pixel Genesis Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pixel Genesis Online

An indie game in progress!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Gaming Vortex
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Download
Latest topics
» Needing Farmables
hacking software problem EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 3:48 am by MagicDragon

» game release for android or pc
hacking software problem EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 3:32 am by MagicDragon

» Friend/Foe System!
hacking software problem EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 4:03 pm by Player3D3

» NEW POLL! (For Forums)
hacking software problem EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 8:39 pm by DeathSkull

» Moved Forums!
hacking software problem EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:22 am by TimeyTurtle

» New Forums
hacking software problem EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 3:57 pm by H3uy

» Hello my name is pomtapom (^_^)/
hacking software problem EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 2:46 pm by Edwardson

» Video Content.
hacking software problem EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:52 am by MagicDragon

» If you had your own "Mod" item what would it be?
hacking software problem EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:46 am by pomtapom

Most active topics
If you had your own "Mod" item what would it be?
Design a logo contest!
Find that hint! (PGO release game)
Moderators.
Upcoming events[Reminders and thanks]
Public Relations
Snapshots & Screenshots
Some Item Packs for the PGO market place.
Mysterious Wings
Mrthadawee's mega thread of music.
Top posting users this week
No user

hacking software problem

Go down 
+3
Jairrocket
DeathSkull
StarWars
7 posters
AuthorMessage
StarWars
Learning
Learning
StarWars

hacking software problem Empty
PostSubject: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 11:51 pm

Death when you finish the game.well eventually people will start hacking the game making it no fun.could u get software that bans hackers.maybe.
Back to top Go down
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 1:09 am

Yes, I'll definitely make sure we have a autobahn system when someone hacks.
Back to top Go down
https://pixelgenesis.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 5:13 pm

Maybe some parameters concerning users priveleges, such as if player jump > normal jump auto ban... if user speed > normal speed, auto ban user.
Back to top Go down
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 6:29 pm

Yes I will code that when we get a server.
Back to top Go down
Jairrocket
Learning
Learning

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 1:31 am

Like Verm was saying, we need to set it to ban players with abnormal speed and jump height values.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 9:01 am

Jairrocket+ wrote:
Like Verm was saying, we need to set it to ban players with abnormal speed and jump height values.

We also need a way to make it so people lagging wont get auto banned, because sometimes after I lag a few times, ill do like 50 punches in a second...
Back to top Go down
Jairrocket
Learning
Learning

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 9:32 am

Vemrrall+ wrote:
Jairrocket+ wrote:

We also need a way to make it so people lagging wont get auto banned, because sometimes after I lag a few times, ill do like 50 punches in a second...

Yeah. I have lagged in growtopia before, to the point where I am beaming down one side of the map very fast, and was scared I'd be banned. We need to have it work like popular console games whereas it detects what your network connection is like at the given time. If it is 1 bar, or terrible, it explains itself. Good thinking Vemr
Back to top Go down
Ender
Novice
Novice
Ender

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 8:45 am

Jairr what is someone has like speed mod?
Back to top Go down
Jairrocket
Learning
Learning

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 12:12 pm

Ender wrote:
Jairr what is someone has like speed mod?

We can right programming to detect that. We'll set it to find improper speed and gravity values on the player sprite.
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Learning
Learning
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptySat May 10, 2014 1:14 pm

You can write a system that runs all actions through the server and detects unusual activity, like Growtopia. So if someone tried to hack items or speed hack, the server will detect it as a unverified request and warn the user because the hacked actions would not have run through the server.
Back to top Go down
H3uy
H3uy

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptySat May 10, 2014 6:43 pm

Really the server shouldn't warn them because they should know that hacking is bad and is not allowed in games. The server needs to auto-ban hackers or else they'll just keep hacking. They might get a warning but that doesn't mean they won't keep hacking.
Back to top Go down
http://H3uybroadcast.wordpress.com
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptySat May 10, 2014 7:01 pm

H3uy wrote:
Really the server shouldn't warn them because they should know that hacking is bad and is not allowed in games. The server needs to auto-ban hackers or else they'll just keep hacking. They might get a warning but that doesn't mean they won't keep hacking.

Yes, We will make a system where any suspicious behavior is detected by the server, it will auto-ban right away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptySat May 10, 2014 7:27 pm

What if you are lagging? You also need to add parameters saying "No more than 2 punches per second"
Back to top Go down
DeathSkull
Administrator
Administrator
DeathSkull

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptySat May 10, 2014 7:32 pm

Vemrrall wrote:
What if you are lagging?

Now, THIS ^

This may become a very big problem.
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptySat May 10, 2014 8:53 pm

I am feeling sorry for you death, because this coding is evidently very challenging. I wish I could help but coding is not my sector. Firstly, you need to code The ban system to analyze signal strength. Then, based on the connection speed, parameters for blocks moved/punches/jumps will be set. Now here's the flaw in the plan: a hacker can simply use a terrible connection to hack, and the system will be more lenient.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptySun May 11, 2014 8:38 am

megaman01 wrote:
I am feeling sorry for you death, because this coding is evidently very challenging. I wish I could help but coding is not my sector. Firstly, you need to code The ban system to analyze signal strength. Then, based on the connection speed, parameters for blocks moved/punches/jumps will be set. Now here's the flaw in the plan: a hacker can simply use a terrible connection to hack, and the system will be more lenient.

/headache

What you can do is set parameters saying no more than 2 blocks can be broken per second, no more than 2 punches...

if player breakspersecond < 2 {
ban player x hours
}
Back to top Go down
megaman01
Itanks Moderator
Itanks Moderator
megaman01

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem EmptySun May 11, 2014 8:45 am

Seems to work out....but again it could be lag, and we'll have to deal with a lot of "I got banned for no reason!!" Complaints. Anyways, good job!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hacking software problem   hacking software problem Empty

Back to top Go down

hacking software problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pixel Genesis Online :: General Chat-
Jump to: